Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Preserving our Mulberry Harvest

We have spent a lot of time this summer picking mulberries as seen here.
http://gettingbacktorandom.blogspot.com/2013/07/mulberry-tree-and-backyard-foraging.html
We were getting so many I didn't know what to do with them. My two ideas were save then for smoothies by freezing them and the internet suggested drying them in a dehydrator. We tried both
I'd have to say the Frozen one looks way more appetizing than the dried one. Plus the fact that freezing only takes like 2 hrs, and drying takes up to 36 hrs!!!  After the trial we froze the rest of them on cookies sheets so they didn't stick together and wax paper for easy clean up, and we just had a bunch.
Our Harvest so far. 
And since I let my kids go barefeet in the backyard this is what we get
Berry Feet



An InLinkz Link-up
Add your link to a webpage about Mulberries. Mulberry recipe, picking or preserving Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I love berries. Congrats on having a huge batch. Extras are a gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. I was thinking of using a blueberry muffin recipe to use some up.

      Delete